Username Password: Remember me

Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image

Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image 4 years, 7 months ago #812

• AmishRob
  • Fresh Boarder
I am attempting to add a static image of a cartoony motion detector to a scene using the Create Image icon. Unfortunately, when I click to actually add the image, only a polygon shaped "slice" of the image appears. This can be seen in the attached image with the original png image (in green in the center) and the triangular "slice" of the image (in green to the left of center). Any ideas?

I am currently running Physion on Windows & 64-bit edition running in VirtualBox VM within MacOSX.

P.S. On other occasions instead of a slice, a diagonal line segment appears.

Re: Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image 4 years, 7 months ago #813

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Hi AmishRob,

The reason you get that slice instead of an actual shape is (probably) because you're using an image without transparency. In order for the image tool to work, you need to select a .png image which has transparent parts. (for example data/images/tux.png in Physion's installation directory)

Re: Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image 4 years, 7 months ago #814

Hi AmishRob,

First of all, what are you trying to accomplish? From my understanding, you simply want to add an image to the scene, and *not* create a physics object based on the shape of that image. Am I correct?

What the Create Image tool does is try to create an object based on the image. It uses transparency for that. So, for example, if you use the tool and and choose the Tux image, it will create a polygon shape based on the image.

If you simply want to add an image, you do that using a brush:
  • Create a rectangle using the Rectangle tool
  • Click on the Brush in the Property editor
  • Check the Texture
  • Select the image you like to use
  • Click on Auto Adjust to scale the image correctly
  • Click OK

The rectangle should now have your image. As far as physics go, this is considered just a rectangle. With the Image tool, it would try to create a polygon.

Was this helpful?

Re: Create Image only pastes a "slice" of my png image 4 years, 5 months ago #820

• AmishRob
  • Fresh Boarder
pekalicious,

I forgot to say, "Thanks." This solution is what I was looking for, not a dynamic object but an image added to a scene to give it context.

Rob L.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds