Lenoir engine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lenoir engine

Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #401

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder

Hi everyone!
Since Admin found out how to play sounds in Physion, and Lynxx create a sample converter, we can create fine scenes with sound
This is my first soundscene, it's a model of Lenoir engine.
The first version is very easy, but I'll improve it for excellent result.

The latest version was edited by Lynxx, that why he's writted as an author)

Re: Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #402

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
Lynxx wrote:
Nice .. but oh my god .. what soundprogram do you use?!

I've saved a track from video using virtualdub (videoeditor) and then, cut necessary pieces using Audacity, it was my first expirence, next time i'll make it better
Edit: Forgot to change the item35.OnContact .. changed an also slowed down the machine a bit.

You've messed it a little - item27 and item35 (side ones) must have engine_in sound, that means - sound of input gase, and item48 (central one) must have engine_f - sound of fires fuel, this is a double-action engine
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Nait.

Re: Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #403

• Lynxx
  • Gold Boarder
  • Java/C#-Developer
Nait wrote:
You've messed it a little - item27 and item35 (side ones) must have engine_in sound, that means - sound of input gase, and item48 (central one) must have engine_f - sound of fires fuel, this is a double-action engine

Yeah, whatever .. my computer can do an infinite loop in 5 seconds, but your the technician here - im sure you can fix it.

BTW: You can grab the shorter wav-files in your Temp-Folder 'snd_engine_f' 'snd_engine_in' .. from V1.05 on they will be named .wav in Temp too.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx

Re: Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #405

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
Hm, I'we looked for prints of this engine and they turned out to be not very easy to find!
However, i've found two more or less good prints, if you are interested, here they are
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #409

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Hehe, nice one

When it starts (and goes slowly) I can clearly hear the sounds of the engine but then when it starts accelerating the sounds don't mix up well.

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if instead of QSound::play something more sophisticated was used. (maybe in some feature version...)

Re: Lenoir engine 6 years, 2 months ago #412

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
admin wrote:
Hehe, nice one

When it starts (and goes slowly) I can clearly hear the sounds of the engine but then when it starts accelerating the sounds don't mix up well.

Nope, in this concrete case, i't good - when engine runs slow, fuel input is long, and sound is also long, when it runs fast, input gets shorter, so sound should also be short. And burst sound is always short as it should be
But, yes, in whole situation is not very good, need to find way playing some files at once...

Btw, here's the video i take sounds from
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Nait.
  • Page:
Moderators: Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds