zzz_mousefilter V1.0, adds some useful functions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: zzz_mousefilter V1.0, adds some useful functions

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #434

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
Hi, Lynxx!
I have good news
I've used your script as a template and made a new filter!
Now it allows to move objects when holding Shift, and rotate them while holding Alt
Even more, you can rotate group of objects as well as one!
Here's the file.
The only goof is that it can't act with objects that have hinges, distant joints and prismatic joints

admin wrote:
This one (as well as Selection Toolbar) is so useful that it made me think it would be a good idea to have a separate sub-section in 'Downloads' dedicated to user submitted scripts and plugins.

In my opinion, it's better to implant codes to new realize of Physion (if authors don't object, o'cause), I don't think that there will be much plugins/scripts/etc made by users... :/
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by Nait.

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #436

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Restricting access to RokDownload Categories
The issue

JUGA works fine with restricting RokDownoads files; however, using the RokDownloads native menu option to access a RokDownloads category doesn't provide a site item that you can restrict with JUGA.
The solution

Instead of creating a RokDownloads native menu option, create an 'external' (URL) menu item link using the following format for the URL:

index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&id=2&view=folder

Change the value for id to access the appropriate category.

You can then use a standard JUGA Site Item to restrict access based upon the 'view' and 'id' variables.

I am sorry but how does this relate to our topic?

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #437

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
In my opinion, it's better to implant codes to new realize of Physion (if authors don't object, o'cause)

Important stuff (like move objects with mouse) would be added (in c++ implementation) in Physion. I am talking about scripts that act as plugins and do more specific jobs:

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to add your own tool in your own toolbar which would, for example, create regular polygons or even a parametric car?

Those kind of specific tools wouldn't be added directly into the program but I think it would be nice to have a repository of such plugins.

I don't think that there will be much plugins/scripts/etc made by users... :/

Me neither but you never know

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #438

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
admin wrote:
I am talking about scripts that act as plugins and do more specific jobs: ...

Me neither but you never know

Ok, you are right)

I think so because Physion still doesn't have much users. (normal users). This is effected by Physion non-playability. To make make Physion completely playable, we need three things -
1. Move tool (emulator made by Lynxx)
2. Rotate tool (emulator made by me )
3. Fix joints (not done yet )
---
Btw, what about my filter for rotating objects?
Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by Nait.

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #439

• Lynxx
  • Java/C#-Developer
Nait wrote:
Btw, what about my filter for rotating objects?

It's nice, you may know there is already a rotate/scale-filter in Physion:
Select one or more objects, Press and hold Shift (to rotate) or Ctrl (to scale), then use the Mousewheel.

But yours is nice to because it let all objects rotate around their combined center.

I tried to change it QEvent.Wheel + Alt press, but failed .. :-/
As the other event, the Wheel-Event doesn't contain any useful data, rotation should be in event.delta() .. i tried a lot of other access-methods and names, nothing works, and there is no QApplication-call to see how the user used the wheel.
Then i tried QEvent.GraphicsSceneWheel, also tried to attached the Filter to the Graphics-scene but this never occurs ..
I see Physions Wheel use as QEvent.MetaCall, but QMetaObject isn't implemented in Physion.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx

Re: Move objects with Shift pressed+Mousemove 6 years, 6 months ago #441

• Nait
  • Senior Boarder
Lynxx wrote:
It's nice, you may know there is already a rotate/scale-filter in Physion:
Select one or more objects, Press and hold Shift (to rotate) or Ctrl (to scale), then use the Mousewheel.

It's gradual rotate (in 4 degree step) and scale (*1.1), i thought that manual is better))
But yours is nice to because it let all objects rotate around their combined center.

Yeahh, it was the hardest thing to do - i even got such result that objects begin to move on spiral trajectory!
I tried to change it QEvent.Wheel + Alt press, but failed .. :-/

I don't understand anything of what you wrote
Is it important to change onWheelSpin action?
---
Btw, it's a good idea! I think, I should try to make a clone and resize filters with manual-mouse control!
Moderators: Lynxx, Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds