Username Password: Remember me

3D Physion. WTF ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 3D Physion. WTF ?

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #633

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Now it works.

It's nice, it indeed gives you the illusion of 3D space. But I think it would be really difficult to code such a pseudo 3D scene to be interactive. But again you never know...

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #635

Yea, I know. Was just an idea, while playing around with the pool-table.
Although this was cumbersomely hard-coded, (though not much of it), I could imagine
a Function Script, that could automatically account for set number of objects in a scene,
designated by some flag in their names or whatever, and automatically adjust their
scaling depending on their position on the Y-axis, to a pseudo vanishing point, and even,
depending on that Y-axis position, auto adjust their ZValue, so correctly behind each other. Can auto adjust the position on the X-axis too, as they recede.
Something to play with... LATER! Have a good day/night where ever you are.
1x1 square diag = root-2. Cube diag = root-3. Beautiful !

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #637

• Lynxx
  • Java/C#-Developer
Hehe, nice the first "3D"-Scene in Physion.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #641

Yea, but put on hold for now.
Sorry about the false error-report Lynxx.
Still has me 'bamboozled' (is that just an Aussie word?), how it was working before.
I even re-downloaded what I uploaded, at first, in case it was corrupted, and loaded
that version into Physion and it worked! And kept working until I loaded your script?
Repeated the process again, using added toolbars too, first, then the MouseFilter.
Same result? In general, I don't put things in autoload, but load them when wanted.
Something wierd must have been resident in memory or something.

NOTE: The 'try/debug/e/' stuff you instructed on earlier, is what I generally use now,
while working on new stuff, but it did not pick up the invalid 'NaN' that was trying to
be used to set the 'object.Opacity' property. Only seems to pick up limited things,
like trying to ref an object with a name that doesn't exist, (due to re-naming etc).
With Javascript syntax errors, the whole event-block is ignored, but I thought that
coding withinn the 'try {. . . }' block would at least attempt an interpretation?
Bye for now.
1x1 square diag = root-2. Cube diag = root-3. Beautiful !

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #645

• Lynxx
  • Java/C#-Developer
Glenn555 wrote:
Yea, but put on hold for now.
Sorry about the false error-report Lynxx.
Still has me 'bamboozled' (is that just an Aussie word?), how it was working before.
I even re-downloaded what I uploaded, at first, in case it was corrupted, and loaded
that version into Physion and it worked! And kept working until I loaded your script?
Repeated the process again, using added toolbars too, first, then the MouseFilter.
Same result? In general, I don't put things in autoload, but load them when wanted.
Something wierd must have been resident in memory or something.

NOTE: The 'try/debug/e/' stuff you instructed on earlier, is what I generally use now,
while working on new stuff, but it did not pick up the invalid 'NaN' that was trying to
be used to set the 'object.Opacity' property. Only seems to pick up limited things,
like trying to ref an object with a name that doesn't exist, (due to re-naming etc).
With Javascript syntax errors, the whole event-block is ignored, but I thought that
coding withinn the 'try {. . . }' block would at least attempt an interpretation?
Bye for now.

bamboozled ? Never heard that before .. i know Bamboocha and already thought you meant something like beeing confused.
Yeah, Physion will keep Codefragments which worked before if you for example forgot to close a bracket. Searching for such bugs can take forever, Physion should output a warning or something if such errors occur. (New code-block not used)
And to bad not everything can be caught with Try-Catch and we cant change Box2D's behaviour.
I'm usually closing/reopening Physion from time to time when working on something to avoid any of those "unchanged errors".
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Lynxx.

Re: 3D Physion. WTF ? 6 years, 3 months ago #648

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Okay this is a good point:

Physion should output a warning or something if such errors occur. (New code-block not used)

I took a look at the source code and (at first glance) it is quite easy to do that. I am actually going to do that right now...

Good morning from Greece
Moderators: Lynxx, Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds