Physion

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

is there a way to create objects in "layers"?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: is there a way to create objects in "layers"?

Re: is there a way to create objects in "layers"? 3 years, 6 months ago #873

In the interim, do not hesitate to submit a copy of a'.scene' you are working on.
Don't worry how 'incomplete' it may be!! I understand they are works in progress, and based on ideas... but i will have a better understanding of what you are doing.
1x1 square diag = root-2. Cube diag = root-3. Beautiful !

Re: is there a way to create objects in "layers"? 3 years, 6 months ago #874

Hi. Am still working on the 'above', but i THINK i understand more of what you are wanting to achieve !! I only just noticed the 'signature' below your forum-icon......

d/dt(∂L/∂q’)-∂L/∂q=0

and it clicked in my brain!!! Checked what i suspected, and found info on...
"Lagrange's equations of motion using Hamilton's variational principle"

.PDF file link here...

Assuming i'm correct, i can appreciate more, of your requests.
If you have, (or can gain), a basic understanding of Javascript, then you can easily duplicate most formulas, to include in Functions & triggered Events. 'Physion' uses a variation of Javascript, which is basically object-oriented.

Back soon....
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Glenn555.

Re: is there a way to create objects in "layers"? 3 years, 6 months ago #875

• LGONZALEZ65
  • Fresh Boarder
  • d/dt(∂L/∂q’)-∂L/∂q=0
Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for all the answers. I'm afraid I havent had the time to follow the posts.

In fact the signature is ths so called Euler-Lagrange equation, derived first by Leonhard Euler in the XVIII century and later derived by Joseph-Louis de Lagrange in a more elegant fashion in the same century. They were among the founders of variational calculus based on Newton and Leibniz calculus. Lagrange set the basement of Lagrangian mechanics. Later on in the XIX century Hamilton set the basement on the Hamiltonian mechanics, which is a twist on Lagrangian mechanics.

(I thought it was a great signature to put for Physion forum). I think it's great to use this equation in order to analitically obtain physical models which are too complicated to formulate in newtonian terms.

I'm not used to JavaScript, may you recommend a suitable book for begginers? I'm an electronic engineer interested in mechanics and as such I love automatic control systems. I think Physion is a suitable tool for visual simulations apart of the Matlab tools and all the related software. It is very useful to learn and to teach physics and I think control systems as well.

BR
Leonardo

Re: is there a way to create objects in "layers"? 3 years, 6 months ago #876

Hi again Leonardo.
Phew... I'm glad i got it almost right !! That being said....
You don't need apologize for not living on such a Forum, and is understood.
Though i now have a whole new level of respect for you!, so excuse my initial apparent treatment of you with 'kid-gloves', as you are obviously a very knowledgeable man.

The 'demonstration' to follow soon, will incorporate 3D simulated physics in relation to gravity, density/mass, (rectangles & circles), INERTIA of all components, and environmental factors that the 'objects' are in such as vacuum/air/water...

This will include factors such as not only a 'circle/sphere', but with an apparent 'circle' that has a sliced z-axis depth, like a pulley-wheel, that has it's own mass and INERTIA to be factored into object movements, speed, acceleration, of all the parts.

Re: Javascript...
If you know anything about 'Basic', or 'Visual Basic', then you are 'heads-up' with simple structures of code. But minor variations like....
[Basic] x= 6
[J.S.] var x = 6;
Or...
[Basic] x = x + 1
[J.S.] x++;

I'm reluctant to talking about 'sources' of learning, because...
Virtually most/all of the refs to Javascript on the INTERNET are to do with incorporating it WITHIN html/css documents for web-pages, but this is not the same utilization, as we are not dealing with Web pages etc, but a stand-alone interpretation of 'Javascript' code-blocks/Functions with the likes of Physion.
The supplied 'script' files for Physion are a good source of reading for general Syntax, and the Editor i mentioned above will explain all facets/components relative to the 'Language'.
There is an OLD link of mine....
Javascript Editing....
which explains why you need a proper editor, (other than notepad), but to gain better use of that editor, change files from .script to .js (and back again).
That particular editor (free!) shows all the required syntax of commands/variables etc.

Sometimes this 'Javascript' is just snippets of code, put into certain objects Propties, (as you may have noticed in the demos i've supplied, and many others, 'OnStart', or 'OnUpdate', or 'OnContact')... or are 'Functions' that can be loaded into Physion with 'Evaluate Script', prior to your '.scene' using those Functions, and sometime a '.script', (J.S.) file, defines and builds the whole scene!!

Will explain more of this shortly, (again not just for your benifit! so don't feel guilty),
and all can expect all this and more to be included in NEW relevant topics.
Thanks for your patience, and don't despair!
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Glenn555.
Moderators: Lynxx, Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds