Username Password: Remember me

Prismatic joint
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prismatic joint

Prismatic joint 3 years, 2 months ago #899

• fufsgfen
  • Fresh Boarder
I made tractor with keyboard operated front loader and using gears for drivetrain.

All nice and tandy, but I can't find information about prismatic joint and specifically how to make it keyboard operated.

I know how to work with Rotational joint, there I can use .MotorSpeed, but with Prismatic joint I seem not to be able to find information of which properties to use and properties panel does show read only fields, but nothing I could really use to extend and retract.

Also searching on forum and wiki it seems to result quite thin references for Prismatic joint.

Then I resorted to less than optimal solution and used Rotational joint as motor to move front loader, but this way I'm getting quite bit of motor creep, that means that front loader lowers itself with time and even more so with vibrations.

To compensate this I did crate a script for front loader Rotational joint, which as as motor, so that it should save .Angle of Rotational joint into variable at key release, which then is used to set Rotational joint .Angle.
Problem here is that .Angle itself is not perhaps what I though it to be, value is between 1.455xxxxx and 1.46xxxxx while movement is around 38 degrees, which even in RAD should be quite bit more change to .Angle.

Thus, my method of setting .Angle in update() does absolutely nothing.

I know some basics of C# and JS seem to be enough close that I can write these sripts to events without too much of trouble, but problem is to know all the properties available.

Physion seem to be quite nice with all this scripting support, there is quite bit of power, also some basic understanding of programming makes it quite powerful and fast way to create some prototypes and test some ideas, bit shame that it seem to be quite quiet on this forum, but maybe there will be more interest at some point, exporting scene to JSON might spark interest among those that do C# + Farseer for example.

I did create also crude lottery machine with gears and freehand shape, need to experiment bit more, really easy to work with, just having trouble with some magic words are bit hard to find.

Re: Prismatic joint 3 years, 2 months ago #900

• fufsgfen
  • Fresh Boarder
I did found out this page:
www.iforce2d.net/b2dtut/joints-prismatic

However most of properties return undefined and there is no effect when I set them, so I believe those features are not supported by Physion 1.0.1?
  • Page:
Moderators: Lynxx, Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds