Physion

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first?

Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first? 6 years, 1 month ago #496

• Lynxx
  • Gold Boarder
  • Java/C#-Developer
It would be nice if users can Vote on Scenes and/or Registered User-Scenes are listed first.

Why? If reinstalling Physion it's only possible to download the newest 50 Scenes with "Download Scenes..." and there are a lot scene from Anonymous which are 'crap'.

Another possiblity would be increasing the maximum of 50 scenes to no limit, but then a lot of crap has to be downloaded.

It would also be nice if Registered Users can update and/or delete their own scenes.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx

Re: Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first? 6 years, 1 month ago #526

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
You have a point there

User voting (although the most democratic solution) may be implemented some time in the feature.

For the moment every scene in the server's database has a flag called "featured" which wasn't used until now. I have updated the scene browse logic so that the scenes are first ordered by "featured" and then by their timestamp.

The only problem with that is that I would have to do the job of assigning a scene to be featured or not which is something that I don't really like.

Anyways... we'll see how it goes

P.S. Your 'script' scenes (like tetris and arkanoid) contain the default screenshot (i.e. the first frame of the scene) which is not very appealing. I hope you don't me changing it to something from the actual scene.

Re: Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first? 6 years, 1 month ago #528

• Lynxx
  • Gold Boarder
  • Java/C#-Developer
admin wrote:
P.S. Your 'script' scenes (like tetris and arkanoid) contain the default screenshot (i.e. the first frame of the scene) which is not very appealing. I hope you don't me changing it to something from the actual scene.

No problem .. should have thought about that myself.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx

Re: Sort scene by Uservoting / Registered Users first? 6 years ago #584

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
I've changed the Scene section back to its original form.

This "scene rating system" is surely a good idea but I think it needs a little bit more thinking.
  • Page:
Moderators: Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds