On-the-table-object
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: On-the-table-object

On-the-table-object 5 years, 2 months ago #744

• abubasil
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone

Dear Dimitris this is really really GOOD JOb !!

I would like to see new object that doesnt fly like the baloon nor fall like other (heavy objectS ) rathar than it stay wherever I placed it , as if it being put in a table surface and I am looking to it from top view , in other words it has no gravity sense lol. yet it tosses other objects when I hit them with it, This idea may sound useless but one does need such a thing for the purpose of teaching or explaining some thoughts , no need to say that this kind of object still have the ability to be rotated... thank you

hey Dimitris see this video ; it may be suggestive too

I thought of this as I was watching the (tiny) circles I got from exploding an object , those tiny objects behave as if it was water !

Good Luck
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by abubasil.

Re: Correction 5 years, 2 months ago #745

• abubasil
  • Fresh Boarder
Let me correct my suggestion
it is a new tool rather than a new object
let me call it pin or magnet
where by I can stick some object at run time in a place and later move it to another and at won fall , in this sense all you need is to stop gravity effect ...
with this one can make cartoon movie in the primitive but effective way used in cartoon like Shaun the sheep , where they make a single action picture it and another action and picture it and so on.
it will be considerable idea to make a private version of this pro for this purpose
thank you

Re: Correction 5 years, 2 months ago #746

• Dimitris
  • Administrator
Hello abubasil,

Have you tried setting the body type to 'Kinematic'?

Re: On-the-table-object 5 years, 2 months ago #747

• abubasil
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I have , it is also static , it doesn't fall but just like the staticbody cannot be moved
I wanted something like an object layd on the table , doesnt fall but can be moved

thank you for fast reply

Re: On-the-table-object 5 years, 1 month ago #748

• abubasil
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi There !

I am still waiting your comment of creating a private version for cartoon movies ..
See the series here of the sugarstan cartoon

think about it.
and see how easy and lovely is there movement.
I am sure it will be easy for you to build an application that provide the user with tools to set backgrounds, sounds, characters, etc..
as for the timeline you can put a button such as the printscreen one in the keyboard
and this one saves the frames to the project folder with autonames.
well you may not like the idea as i do.
but I think it will draw the attention to your products Since the cartoon have popularity more than that of abstract science.

Thank you
Last Edit: 5 years, 1 month ago by abubasil.

Re: On-the-table-object 4 years, 10 months ago #770

• Lynxx
  • Gold Boarder
  • Java/C#-Developer
You could either set GravityY in Physion to 0 which causes everything to "float". Or use "setFloating(objname)" in the console or a script. Multiple Layers are no problem, each "person" (as an example for the comic-video) just need a different FilterCategories-Group (A till P are possible = 16 possible layers). FilterMasks defines which layer could collide with each other layer and ZValue defines the depth of an object.

To add sound to Physion, take a look at my AdvancedSoundConvert Toolbar V1.13.
Infinity is vast, especially near end.
bye, Lynxx
  • Page:
Moderators: Glenn555
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds